The Board of Directors of Halifax Electric Membership Corporation (HEMC) in Enfield, NC seeks a future-focused leader with great interpersonal communication skills and the drive to positively motivate and develop others to become their next CEO due to an upcoming retirement. The HEMC Board has retained NRECA Executive Search to facilitate the search process.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply here with the following: 1) Cover letter, 2) resume and 3) contact information (including emails) for 3 professional references. Applications must be received by January 26, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact Leigh Taylor, NRECA Executive Search, email@example.com.
All replies are confidential
The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills, experience with electric utilities and a commitment to cooperative values and the HEMC staff, while focusing on the best interests of the members of HEMC.
• Vision and strategic orientation: Takes a broad scale long-term view that focuses on the future needs of the organization and its members
• Ability to lead change and manage risk: Identifies and actively manages change and risk throughout the organization
• Exceptional communication skills, both formally and informally: Listens, relates and expresses oneself in a manner that is effective while supporting mutual understanding
• Commitment to talent development, acquisition, and retention: Develops and empowers staff to achieve results by championing and applying a systematic performance management process & coaching strategy
• Analytical thinking and decision making: Innovative and hands-on leader who thinks like an owner of the business, using fact based decision-making processes supported by data and a sound decision methodology
• Relationship and teambuilding experience: Creates and fosters constructive working relationships and cohesive teams
• Ability to motivate and positively motivate others: Motivates others towards an outcome consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, and values
• Member focus: Is proactive - not reactive - to the needs and concerns of cooperative members
• Solid financial understanding of distribution cooperatives: Fluent with financial metrics and has a detailed understanding of the key financial opportunities, as well as financial risks and budget processes
• Strong focus on safety: Upholds and provides focus on the safety standards of the cooperative
Bachelor’s Degree is required; an MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
• Education or Experience in Accounting & Finance, Engineering or Business is preferred
• At least 5 years of leadership experience is required
• At least 5 years of electric utility experience is preferred
• CEO experience preferred but not required
• Previous experience working with renewable energy and power supply
• A commitment to cooperative values is a given!
- We provide an outstanding benefits package that includes a Traditional Pension Plan AND a 401 (k) with Company Match. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- December 14, 2022
- January 26, 2023