Halifax Helps, Inc., the administrative organization for Operation Round Up® through Halifax Electric Membership Corporation, awarded grants to eight local organizations in mid-November.
The following organizations were awarded grants:
• Rocky Swamp Meeting House
• Macon Rural Fire Department
• C.A.R.E. – The John 3:16 Center
• American Legion Post #325
• Enfield Economic Development and Revitalization
• Mu Theta Sigma Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho
• Fleming’s Community Outreach and Resources
• The Living and Learning Youth Center
Through the generosity of members who round up their monthly electric bill to the next dollar, Operation Round Up® has helped our neighbors and community by contributing $661,000 to local nonprofit organizations and charities since 2009. A total of 269 projects have been supported locally.
Grants are awarded semi-annually and the application and guidelines are available here. The deadline for the next submission of applications is Friday, March 31, 2023.