Have a Happy and Safe Halloween!
The spooky season is upon us! Keep your little ghouls and goblins safe when they’re trick-or-treating.
- Make sure your trick-or-treaters are easy to spot on Halloween night. Purchase glow sticks or small flashlights to help them stand out.
- Don’t forget to clear walkways, porches and entryways for visiting pumpkins and ghosts.
- Drivers – slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
- Eliminate distractions and put electronic devices down.
- Always accompany your children when they are trick-or-treating.
- Check candy before letting your child eat it. Avoid homemade treats made by strangers.
- Consider alternatives to trick-or-treating in neighborhoods such as a community trunk-or-treat or a candy scavenger hunt with friends and family at your home.