The Nash Community/Halifax Community College Scholarships are $500 scholarships awarded annually to a student enrolled at Nash Community College or Halifax Community College.
To recognize and promote academic achievement and excellence; to provide educational training beyond the high school level; and to provide educational opportunities for retraining for better job skills.
Requirements for the Scholarships
The student must:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Live in a household served by Halifax EMC
- Enrolled for a minimum of six semester hours
- Attain and maintain a minimum grade-point average of 2.5 (GPA)
- Provide two letters of recommendation recognizing the applicant’s qualities of character and leadership
- Provide a written statement of financial need
The recipient is selected by the College Financial Aid Committee and/or Scholarship Committee. The scholarship will not discriminate for or against any student because of age, sex, ethnic origin, race religion, or disability.
Disbursement of Funds
The funds are sent directly to the colleges and are to be used for tuition, books, or fees. The annual scholarship of $500 is awarded in increments of $250 per semester for the Fall and Spring semesters.
Applications are available at the community colleges’ financial aid offices.
Other Scholarships Available
- Volunteers In Action Scholarships (PDF)
- Volunteers In Action Youth Tour Scholarship
- Youth Tour Scholarships Through North Carolina Touchstone Energy Cooperatives